Wednesday, August 8, 2018

Devotions: Compassionate Call


So My people are bent on turning from Me. Though they call them to the One on high, None at all exalts Him. How can I give you up, O Ephraim? How can I surrender you, O Israel? How can I make you like Admah? How can I treat you like Zeboiim? My heart is turned over within Me, All My compassions are kindled. I will not execute My fierce anger; I will not destroy Ephraim again. For I am God and not man, the Holy One in your midst, And I will not come in wrath.
Hosea 11:7-9 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

This is a wonderful chapter depicting God’s longing for His people. It shows the depth of His love and affection for them, even though they are determined to turn away from Him. Even though He knows they will reject Him, He will continue to call to them. Unlike so many lovers who are driven away by their spouse’s unfaithfulness, God cannot be driven away. His love is so much stronger, His compassion so much greater than anything we could imagine. This affection and love applies to all of His children, not just the Jews. If you have a saving faith in Jesus, you are His child and He loves you with this same depth and affection. He is not a selfish lover that wants to punish you for the hurt you have caused Him. He longs to be good and kind to you, to lavish His love on you. Will you let Him?



To view a video of this devo, visit my facebook page at www.facebook.com/evelynbray15
Like my page or subscribe to my blog to receive them daily!


No comments:

Post a Comment