Wednesday, April 8, 2020

Devotions: Happy Waiting


I wait for the Lord, my soul does wait,
And in His word do I hope.
Psalm 130:5 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

I once heard patience described as “happy waiting.” I am not a happy waiter. I don’t want to suffer, or to have blessings deferred or delayed. But we need to wait for God. He is not impatient and selfish like us. He can also see the big picture. He knows what is best. If life happened in my timing I probably wouldn’t appreciate it nearly as much as I would if I waited for God’s timing, nor would the blessing be as rich. It is better to wait. He does not delay because He is lazy, uncaring or mean, but because He knows what is best for us. So much of our unhappiness comes from not trusting that God does what is best for us. It also comes from putting our hope in the wrong things. We should hope in His Word, the Bible. That should be our foundation, hope and promise. We should not rely on anything or anyone on this earth more. Misplaced hope will disappoint, but God never does so long as we hope in Him and not what we want Him to do. Let me repeat that: so long as we hope in Him and not what we want Him to do. We do not have control, nor should we. It all comes back to trust. Do you trust that He will do what is best for you, or do you feel that He is holding back? Do you trust that He is completely good or do you feel that He is at times cruel or unkind? If you trust Him, wait patiently. If you have even a little bit of doubt, hope in His word. Read it, know it, and hope in it.


To view a video of this devo, visit my facebook page at www.facebook.com/evelynbray15
Like my page or subscribe to my blog to receive these devotions daily!

No comments:

Post a Comment