Thursday, March 12, 2020

Devotions: Hidden Treasures of Wisdom


in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.
Colossians 2:3 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

This is the end of a big run on sentence (Paul was famous for those) which talks about Paul’s desire for the Colossians to be built up in Christ, namely that they have a full assurance of understanding that results in a true knowledge of the mystery of Christ. In Christ is all the treasure of wisdom and knowledge. It is only by knowing Him that we can have access to that. No amount of study at the best university could provide us with better wisdom and knowledge than Christ, for no knowledge is true which is not based on Him and His truth. And true wisdom can only be found by having His Spirit in us and seeking Him for truth and guidance. That is my desire for myself, my family (whom I teach), and for you. I pray that you would find the wealth of knowledge and wisdom in Christ and the assurance that brings. Seek God and His wisdom and knowledge above all else. Know the truth and it will set you free!


To view a video of this devo, visit my facebook page at www.facebook.com/evelynbray15
Like my page or subscribe to my blog to receive these devotions daily!

No comments:

Post a Comment