Thursday, December 19, 2019

Devotions: The Key to Peace


Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 4:6-7 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

This is the key to peace: replacing worry with praise and thanksgiving, trusting God with what you need. Years ago, I was about to undergo major surgery and I was rather nervous. As a result, they noticed a heart murmur (which was new) and I wasn’t able to have the surgery that day until my heart was checked out. Three weeks later I was back, but I wasn’t nervous at all and everything went fine. The difference? This verse. I had prayed this verse over and over, trusting God that everything would go as He had planned and thanking Him that there wasn’t anything wrong with my heart. I truly did have a peace that was beyond comprehension. It was God’s peace, an almost surreal feeling that really doesn’t make sense to our human minds. It doesn’t mean that we won’t have things to worry about, but that when we do we need to take them to God and leave them in His hands, trusting the He will take care of them. That trust is fully relying on God, leaning on Him, giving everything into His hands, and then following it with praise and thanksgiving, reminding oneself of who He is and what He has done. If the worry comes back repeat as necessary. What are you worrying about this Christmas? Give it to God. Let Him take care of it for you. Praise and thank Him and allow His peace to guard you like a mother’s embrace.


To view a video of this devo, visit my facebook page at www.facebook.com/evelynbray15
Like my page or subscribe to my blog to receive these devotions daily!

No comments:

Post a Comment