Thursday, May 2, 2019

Devotions: Praise in the Storm


My heart is steadfast, O God, my heart is steadfast;
I will sing, yes, I will sing praises!
Psalm 57:7 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

This psalm of David was written while he was in hiding, fearing for his life. The first few verses express his distress, but in the middle he turns to praise. The result of that impromptu worship song in the middle of his cry for help is bold assurance and unwavering hope. That is the key to being steadfast and confident: praising God! When we turn our minds and our eyes to worship God in the midst of struggle and torment, it refocuses our hearts on God. It reminds us what is really important, and also reinforces what we hope in, where our strength really lays. It will remind us that God is our hope, our fortress, our redeemer, and that He is in complete control. When you are in the middle of distress and suffering, take time to worship God, for Who He is and what He has done already and what He will do. Allow that praise to reinforce your hope, and refresh your spirit.




To view a video of this devo, visit my facebook page at www.facebook.com/evelynbray15
Like my page or subscribe to my blog to receive these devotions daily!

No comments:

Post a Comment