Monday, August 29, 2022

Prayer for the Finish

 


One of the benefits of prayer is that it increases your heart's sensitivity to God's leading. Over the course of this year, God has called me to step down from almost every ministry that I have been involved in, most recently writing this blog. I don't know why God is calling me to step back, but I do know that I have to follow His direction, even if I don't understand it. I appreciate all who have read and supported my writing, and would appreciate your prayers as I enter this time of uncertainty. You can still connect with me on my facebook page, for the time being at least I will occasionally verses and past articles there.



If you would like to continue the year of prayer journey on your own, here are the prayer points and main verses:

Week 34:Your Will Be Done- Matthew 6:10

Week 35: God's Provision- Matthew 6:11

Week 36: Forgiveness- Matthew 6:12

Week 37: Deliverance and Temptation- Matthew 6:13

Week 38: Current Events (use newspapers to guide prayer)- Psalm 67:2

Week 39: Bearing Burdens (pray for specific people)- Galatians 6:1-3

Week 40: Contentment- Philippians 4:12

Week 41: Include Another (ask someone to pray for you as well)- Romans 15:30

Week 42: Cravings to Prayer (fast one meal a day and allow cravings to prompt prayer instead of eating)- Matthew 6:16-18

Week 43: Prayer for the Home (pray in a different room each day)- Proverbs 3:33

Week 44: Prayer for Family (focus on a different family member each day)- Psalm 101:2

Week 45: Speaking the Word (read Scripture aloud during prayer time)- Deuteronomy 30:14

Week 46: Sharing Your Prayers (write prayers for others on cards to send to the person you prayed for)- 1 Thessalonians 5:11

Week 47: Spiritual Legacy (thank God for those who have influenced your spiritual walk and write notes of thanks to them) -1 Thessalonians 1:2-3

Week 48: The Armor of God (pray through the armor focusing on 1 piece each day +v18 on day 7)- Ephesians 6:10-11,18

Week 49: Thy Will Be Done (ask God's direction and purpose in your life and every decision/action)- Proverbs 19:21

Week 50: Practice of the Presence of God- Hebrews 12:2

Week 51: Pray this Promise- Proverbs 4:11-12

Week 52: Prayer Walk (go to a public place and pray for the people you see as you walk)- Ephesians 1:18



 Prayer points taken from Praying Through Adversity by Jennifer Kennedy Dean.


No comments:

Post a Comment